Financial Planning Analyst
IT, Accounting & Finance
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
Mamo is seeking an experienced and dedicated FP&A Analyst to join our dynamic team. As we continue to expand our fintech offerings and grow rapidly, we need a driven professional who can play a pivotal role in enhancing our financial planning and analysis capabilities. In this role, you will be a key contributor to our decision-making process, working closely with the CFO and other leaders within the company.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator able to step up to the challenge in a fast-growing fintech environment. As an FP&A Analyst at Mamo, you'll be expected to work independently on core responsibilities while actively collaborating with cross-functional teams to support data-driven decisions and enhance our financial analytical capabilities.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with the CFO in day-to-day activities related to annual budgeting, financial modeling, multi-year forecasts, rolling forecasts, performance reporting, and financial analysis.
- Analyze key financial metrics, track performance against targets, and provide insights to support business strategy.
- Evaluate new product initiatives, market opportunities, and potential investments through financial modeling and analysis.
- Continuously improve and streamline FP&A processes to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
- Support ad-hoc financial projects and analyses as required by the CFO and senior leadership.
- Conduct variance analysis to identify trends, opportunities, and risks, and recommend actions accordingly.
- Develop and maintain sophisticated financial models, either on a monthly or annual basis, with a focus on building, improving, and capturing complex business dynamics to drive better decision-making.
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, or a related field quantitative field.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA, CMA, or MBA are a plus.
- At least 3 years experience in FP&A / Consulting / Analytics / Strategy-related areas
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and data analysis tools.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex financial information clearly and concisely.
- A proactive and collaborative mindset, with a strong ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team.
- A commitment to continuous improvement and a proactive approach to identifying opportunities for efficiency and optimization.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Adaptability to a rapidly evolving startup environment.
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design, and engineering teams on problems that matter
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored
🌸 Although we appreciate the potential of AI, we kindly request that you answer our screening questions independently to allow us to really get to know you.
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and API integrations.
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Life at Mamo →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →