Senior Frontend React Developer
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posted on Monday, January 8, 2024
We are looking for a Senior Frontend React Developer who has a passion for building scalable, resilient and performant financial services applications. You will be part of a tightly knit team with one more frontend developer. You will be developing and shipping customer facing features that will have a direct impact on the business. You will also have the opportunity to influence our architecture and drive change.
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
What you will do
- Work on the core UI/UX for customer-facing features and internal tools.
- Design efficient and reusable components that power our web applications.
- Architect our UI systems to scale and resolve performance issues.
- Collaborate closely with Product, UX, and Backend engineers to execute our roadmap.
- Identify ways to improve our logging, monitoring, and APM; design and implement improvements to overall observability and performance.
- Mentor other team members on engineering best practices.
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of hands-on development in React JS.
- A track record of developing and scaling web-based applications and a deep technical understanding of ecosystem.
- Able to balance delivering code, infrastructure, and tests against attention to quality.
- Proactive in monitoring live systems and troubleshooting production issues.
- Committed to documenting and communicating to share and preserve knowledge.
- Able to work independently, with little supervision, in a fast paced environment.
- Interested in growing as a technical leader and influencing architectural decisions.
- Experience with state management systems, routing and react hooks
- A solid understanding of CSR, SSR, SSG and client side hydration and are able to implement them.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
Bonus if you have
- Payments, Fraud, Risk, or Finance background.
- Experience working with Ruby on Rails.
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and API integrations.
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Life at Mamo →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →