People & HR
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Thursday, July 27, 2023
At Mamo we believe our employees come first, then our customers, and then everyone else. We also believe our organization is only as good as its people and investing in them, nurturing their development, and being in their service helps the business grow in exponential ways.
We are currently looking for a HR professional with strong people and organisation skills to help our People Ops team manage our People operations. You will work closely with the team to support the day-to-day HR operations.
The ideal candidate will be highly organized, detail-oriented and an excellent communicator able to step up to the challenge in a fast-growing fintech environment. You will be expected to work independently on your core duties while collaborating cross-functionally with other teams to establish proper HR operations.
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design, and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, and design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
What you will do
- Support the People team by ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly
- Assist in making travel and accommodation arrangements
- Assist with office supply inventory, help with organizing and maintaining the current office asset labeling and database system, and look for ways to improve current systems
- Assist with updating our internal people database and ensure we maintain our high standards of documentation and organization
- Assist in screening and shortlisting CV’s as per our hiring standards and guidelines
- Assist in scheduling interviews with candidates as and when required
- Help in posting, updating and removing job ads from our careers pages and social media websites
- Assist in directing phone calls and walk-ins and distribute correspondence
- Assist in organizing and arranging employee engagement events, pick-ups and deliveries
- Anticipate the needs of team members in order to ensure a seamless and positive work experience
What we’re looking for
- At least 6 months of experience as a People Operations or Admin Assistant or in a similar role
- To make you an exceptional candidate for this role, you should be extremely organized, have awesome time management skills and be a self-starter.
- Ultimately, you will contribute to the efficiency of a fast-paced startup by helping provide personalized and efficient administrative support to our executive team.
- Excellent Google Suite knowledge and experience: You are exceptional with all things Google (Google docs, sheets, slides and more)
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
- Proactiveness: excellent ability to interpret needs and offer appropriate timely solutions
- Ability to actively solve problems in a calm and professional manner
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent with office gadgets and applications (e.g. e-calendars and copy machines)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Work ethic, professional discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to multitask and prioritize tasks
- Excellent attention to detail
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and API integrations.
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Life at Mamo →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →