Research Intern (part-time)
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Friday, May 26, 2023
We are seeking an ambitious and creative recent graduate to join our team part-time as an Investor Research Intern. This paid internship provides an excellent opportunity for candidates who enjoy researching and are committed to learning and making an impact in a fast-paced, growing startup. We encourage individuals who embody our core values of being brave, creative, value collaborating, and take extreme task ownership.
As a Research Intern at Mamo, you will have the opportunity to work alongside highly talented and experienced thought leaders dedicated to building beautiful and impactful products that help businesses grow. In this role, you will be responsible for executing research tasks and uncovering insights to support our team in conducting investor research and managing our investor pipeline. You will work closely with our founders to identify potential investors, gather relevant information, and maintain a comprehensive database. This internship offers a unique opportunity to gain practical experience in investor relations and contribute to our fundraising efforts.
If you are passionate about the VC space and are strongly interested in the fintech industry, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity to help us expand our business. This is a part-time, temporary position with many opportunities to learn and grow!
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design, and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, and design to engineering, you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
What you will do
- Work closely with the leadership team to understand the company’s fundraising goals and investors.
- Conduct extensive research to identify potential investors, including venture capital firms, private equity groups, angel investors, and strategic partners.
- Gather information on investors, including their investment focus, portfolio companies, investment history, and key contacts.
- Maintain an organized and up-to-date investor CRM, including contact details and relevant notes.
- Assist in preparing investor presentations and materials for meetings and pitches.
- Help coordinate investor meetings and manage follow-up communications.
- Provide the leadership team with regular reports and updates on investor research and pipeline status.
- Stay up-to-date on industry trends and investor activity in the fintech and venture capital space to identify potential investment opportunities
What we’re looking for
- A recent graduate, with a Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, marketing, or a related field
- Recent experience in the VC ecosystem is a must
- A strong network in the VC ecosystem is a plus
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Experience with market research and strategy development
- Familiarity with CRM systems preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Proficiency in Google Suite and any project management tool (e.g. Asana, Trello, Monday)
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and demonstrate flexibility in completing priorities
- Strong command of the English language, both verbal and written, is a must. Arabic is a big plus
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and lending (capital).
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Mamo's vision, mission and values →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →
See more open positions at Mamo Pay
Something looks off?