Accounting & Finance
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Sunday, May 29, 2022
Mamo is seeking an experienced and passionate Financial Accountant to join our team. As a key player in our fast-growing environment, you will be at the forefront of driving accurate financial records, managing internal controls, and contributing to the overall success of our innovative business.
What we value most in the ideal financial accountant is someone that is highly organized, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator able to step up to the challenge in a fast-growing fintech environment. You will be expected to work independently on your core duties while collaborating cross-functionally with other teams to establish proper accounting procedures for new products and activities.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of various aspects of our accounting and reporting process, including maintaining general ledger accounts, preparing journal entries, managing month-end close, coordinating payments, and conducting account reconciliations.
- Actively contribute to the development and enhancement of accounting processes and procedures to elevate the efficiency and accuracy of our monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting.
- Conduct regular reviews of accounting records to ensure the integrity and accuracy of our books and records.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams to initiate and implement proper accounting treatment for new product launches and unique transactions.
- Actively participate in the management of payments, cashflows, and banking relationships.
- Contribute to the preparation and review of financial statements, assisting in annual financial audits.
- Play a key role in preparing internal management reports related to revenue, cost of revenue, operating expenses, and cash flows.
- Assist in the preparation of tax and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Ensure accurate and timely preparation of payroll and fixed assets schedules.
What we’re looking for
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, finance, business administration, economics, or a related field.
- Professional qualification CIMA/ACA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in accounting practice and/or in technology companies with a focus on process, automation, and strategic finance improvements.
- Strong technical accounting knowledge, including experience in revenue and cost recognition and control.
- Outstanding attention to detail and a passion for data.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Highly organized with a commitment to continuous process improvement.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and practices.
- Experience in business partnering with strong problem-solving and analytical abilities.
- Ability to manage a diverse workload while ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Experience with Quickbooks, SAP, Netsuite, Sage, or similar accounting platforms.
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design, and engineering teams on problems that matter
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and lending (capital).
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Life at Mamo →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →