Senior Product Manager - Customer Experience & Process Improvement
We’re on a mission to help people discover the real value of travel — to inspire, to give more reasons, to make it easy — for you to travel. Our company was founded back in 2005, and since then, we’ve imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travelers all around the world.
Today, Wego is the number 1 travel metasearch engine in the Middle East. There are millions of users on Wego every month — people who travel for adventure, for work, for family and for many other reasons. That’s why we work tirelessly to make your experience of planning & booking flights, hotels and trips as seamless as possible.
As the product manager focusing on customer experience, service tools and process improvement, you will be instrumental in driving our user growth & retention. You will lead the product strategy, development, and execution for our customer experience interface, internal service tools, and operational flows. This role requires a strategic and innovative thinker who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams, possess a strong understanding of customer conversational & customer support technologies to deliver top-notch products that meet the unique needs of Wego’s users.
Location: Cairo (willing to hear from stand out candidates in other Wego Locations)
What you will be doing:
- Customer Support Partner: Work closely with the customer support team & back office teams by joining calls to understand their problems intimately and validate potential solutions
- Design-Led & Customer-Led Product Development: Partner with product design and engineering to quickly research, design, and build features, using quick iterations and frequent validation to confidently deliver features to market.
- Build for Humans: Deeply empathize and understand customer personas from Wego’s end users, to customer support teams, to operations, and consider the various personas when designing and prioritizing product features/fixes on our back office & other service tools
- Conversational Products: Experience in building/integrating/supporting conversational products like Drift, Freshchat, etc.
- Process & Customer Journey Mapping: Develop & refine “as-is” and “to-be” process flow maps on how Wego supports our customers, and matching that with our “to-be” customer’s journey
- Technical Product Management: Assist in driving the technical part of the impacted Wego product suite involving integrations, APIs, and technical product features. Be able to discuss details and tradeoffs with engineers while keeping the focus on the customer experience, internal personas and larger business.
- Customer Experience Product Strategy: Develop and refine the product vision and strategy for our product offerings in the full lifecycle of our users experience, in alignment with the company's overall objectives. Identify new market opportunities and design innovative products to address the specific needs identified
- Product Development: Lead end-to-end product development, from ideation to execution, ensuring that your products are developed with a customer-centric approach. Collaborate with engineering, design, and data science teams to build scalable and robust solutions.
- Research & Market Analysis: Conduct thorough market research and competitor analysis to understand industry trends (i.e. Gen AI) and emerging needs. Use data-driven insights (internal & external data) to inform product decisions and prioritize features.
- Stakeholder Management: Partner closely with internal and external stakeholders to understand their problems, jobs to be done, and craft solutions to align on product priorities tied to their team’s objectives
- Partner Collaboration: Work closely with internal & external partners to gather feedback, understand pain points, and identify areas for product improvement. Cultivate strong relationships with partners to ensure alignment and successful product implementation.
- Product Roadmap: Define and communicate your product roadmap, setting clear priorities and timelines. Collaborate with stakeholders across the organization to ensure alignment and timely delivery.
- Performance Metrics: Establish and monitor key performance metrics for your products. Use data analytics to measure product success, identify areas for optimization, and drive continuous improvement.
- Cross-Functional Collaboration: Work closely with customer support, back office, operations, sales, marketing, and other cross functional teams to ensure effective go-to-market strategies, successful product launches, and superior customer satisfaction.
- Risk Management: Proactively identify potential risks related to your products and devise mitigation plans to address them effectively.
To be successful in this role, you'll need:
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills.
- Extensive experience in product development, design, UX research, engineering
- Data/Evidence/Logic-Drive/Analytical capabilities
- First Principles & Systems Thinking, Growth Mindset, Ownership Mentality
- Demonstrated success in leading and delivering consumer-facing digital products at scale.
- Proven experience in leading & scaling product management in organisations
- Strong use of data analytics, market research, and user insights to drive product decisions.
- Excellent communication, negotiation, and interpersonal abilities.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and adapt to changing market conditions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or a related field. MBA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Experience delivering similar products/experiences from newer gen customer success tech companies like Drift