Senior Software Engineer in Test
We’re on a mission to help people discover the real value of travel — to inspire, to give more reasons, to make it easy — for you to go. Our company was founded back in 2005, and since then, we’ve imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travellers all around the world.
Today, Wego is used by millions of people every month — people who travel for adventure, work, family, and for many other reasons. That’s why we work tirelessly to make your experience of planning & booking flights, hotels, and trips as seamless as possible.
About the role
As a senior SDET, you will be embedded in the software development team and help to build their test automation. You will be coming up with the team’s testing strategy, then executing on it collaboratively.
This position is available in-office arrangement for candidates located in Bangalore
What you will be doing:
- Develop test strategies for software products that your team ships.
- Lead and design the team’s approach to testing on all levels of the testing pyramid.
- Set up test environments, harnesses, and data.
- Implement and monitor test scripts to assess functionality, reliability, performance, and quality of the service or product.
- Some manual testing – with an eye to reducing the amount of manual testing where possible.
- Cooperate with engineers across our tech stack, product managers, and QA engineers throughout the development life cycle to derive testing requirements.
- Contribute in improving processes to enable QA to scale and improve quality.
- Ensure that the final product satisfies the product requirements and meet end-user expectations.
- Mentor other QA members in the area of test automation and tools.
- Participate and support the Project Manager in team retrospective and Sprint reviews.
- Spot areas for improvement to enhance the product’s efficiency.
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- 4+ years of QA experience in both manual and automation tests for products or systems.
- Extensive hands-on experience in planning, testing, and defect tracking skills including using a variety of tools such as Jira, Confluence.
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs.
- Familiar with MySQL and BigQuery.
- Familiarity with popular test automation tools and frameworks like Postman, Selenium, Cypress, Applitools, Playwright.
- Practical experience in software development.
- Work productively without close supervision.
- Able to work with development teams from different countries.
- Participate and support the project.
- Understand the application business area and application requirements especially in the Travel industry.
- Excellent communication skills to collaborate with engineers and other roles in the team.
- Fluency in English. At Wego, our team is global, and we have chosen English as our lingua franca to communicate effectively.
It will be great if you have:
- Experience working in teams as both a software engineer and a QA engineer.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Familiarity with technologies that we already use, like Java, Node.js and React.
- Experience in performance testing tools is a plus.
- Experience interacting with microservices.
Why you will love working here
- Working in a respectful culture and supportive working environment.
- Flexible working hours, 21 days annual leave and 14 days sick leave. We actively discourage people from working overtime.
- A casual dress code at work.
- Travel & wellness benefits.