We’re on a mission to help people discover the real value of travel — to inspire, to give more reasons, and to make it easy — for you to go. Our company was founded back in 2005, and since then, we’ve imagined and created some of the most well-loved products for travelers all around the world.
Today, Wego is used by millions of people every month — people who travel for adventure, work, family, and for many other reasons. That’s why we work tirelessly to make your experience of planning & booking flights, hotels, and trips as seamless as possible.
About the role
IT Support/IT Helpdesk is mainly responsible for the smooth running of computer systems and ensuring users' technical problems are being resolved. The successful candidate should have a good understanding of various requirements at the workplace and develop problem-solving and optimal troubleshooting abilities.
This position is available for in-office arrangements in our offices in Egypt and Bangalore.
On a typical day, you will:
- Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
- Provide Onboarding and Offboarding process.
- Maintain all SaaS Software that the company is using such as JIRA, Office 365, Github, Postman, Google Workspace, Looker, Pritunl VPN, 3CX, Freshdesk, Zoom, Adobe, Confluence, Sentry, Datadog, etc.
- Handle procurement for all IT equipment, software, hardware, and services.
- Assist all Wego Employees with their technical difficulties either face-to-face or over the phone, via Video Call, to help them resolve issues.
- Create, modify, back up, and delete email user accounts per request.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures (MAC, LINUX, and WINDOWS).
- Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems, printer, VoIP, and Phone Systems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults.
- Replace laptop parts as required.
- Knowledgeable of DNS, Router, Access Points, and Firewall configuration.
- Support the roll-out of new applications.
- Install, configure, and monitor antivirus reports for employees’ machines.
- Maintain and update Wego asset tags for machines and other equipment using Asset Tiger.
- Work continuously on a task until completion.
- Prioritise and manage many JIRA open cases at one time.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with software developers, commercial, sales, HR, etc.
- Test and evaluate new technology available in the market.
- Update documents for IT policies and Cybersecurity on a regular basis.
- Maintain all security tools and technology in the organization.
- Experience with Jumpcloud’s MDM, SSO, and Password Manager.
- Familiarity with AWS, GCP, and other cloud services is a plus.