Full Stack Engineer (mid level)
Full Stack Engineer (mid level)
Your next move?
Verto is a pioneering fintech firm that specialises in providing innovative payment solutions to facilitate secure, seamless, and efficient cross-border transactions. Operating in various emerging markets, we aim to optimise FX treasury management and payment orchestration for small-medium businesses and enterprises alike.
We are looking for a strong Full Stack Developer to join our team. This person will be involved in active development assignments. You are expected to have between 2 and 6 years of professional experience in any object-oriented languages and have executed considerable work in nodeJS along with any of the modern web application building libraries such as Angular along with at least a working knowledge of developing scalable distributed cloud applications on AWS or any other cloud.
We’re looking for someone who is not only a good full-stack developer but also aware of modern trends in distributed software application development. You’re smart enough to work at top companies, but you’re picky about finding the right role (this is more than just a job, right?). You’re experienced, but you also like to learn new things. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
In the next 12 months you will:
- Design RESTful APIs
- Work with other team members to develop and test highly scalable web applications and services as part of a suite of products in the Data governance domain working with petabyte-scale data
- Design and create services and system architecture for your projects, and contribute and provide feedback to other team members
- Use AWS to set up geographically agnostic systems in the cloud.
- Exercise your strong skills & working knowledge of MySQL and relational databases
- Prototype and develop new ideas and participate in all parts of the lifecycle from research to release
- Work within a small team owning deliverables for our web APIs and front end.
- Use development tools such as AWS Codebuild, git, npm, Visual Studio Code, Serverless framework, Swagger Specs, Angular, Flutter, AWS Lambda, MongoDB, MySQL, Redis, SQS, Kafka etc.
- Design and develop dockerized applications that will be deployed flexibly either on the cloud or on-premises depending on business requirements
- 2+ years of professional development experience using any object-oriented language
- Have developed and delivered at least one application using nodeJs
- Experience with modern web application building libraries such as Angular, Polymer, React
- Solid OOP and software design knowledge – you should know how to create software that’s extensible, reusable and meets desired architectural objectives
- Excellent understanding of HTTP and REST standards
- Experience with relational as well as MySQL databases
- Good experience writing unit and acceptance tests
- Proven experience in developing highly scalable distributed cloud applications on a cloud system, preferably AWS
- You’re a great communicator and are capable of not just doing the work, but teaching others and explaining the “why” behind complicated technical decisions.
- You aren’t afraid to roll up your sleeves: This role will evolve, and we’ll want you to evolve with it!
- Information Technologies
- Nigeria, Pune
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
Verto is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to access enterprise grade cross-border payments, FX and banking solutions via our advanced platform or API. Businesses can accept payments and send payouts globally in one single platform. Verto seamlessly connects any business, anywhere.
Verto has continued to serve thousands of businesses globally since the launch of our MVP in Oct 2018. Each year we process billions of dollars of payments and provide companies with solutions – like payments, foreign exchange, and multi-currency accounts - while helping them save money and grow with any fuss. Through one easy to use platform, we automate and simplify your payments, access to FX including those that are less accessible, and getting paid by your customers, all while providing specialist services and support.