Product Design Manager
Toters is an on-demand e-commerce and delivery platform and operates a service that enables customers to get anything in their city at the highest level of convenience.
At Toters, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have product teams that are working hard every day to create products that make our customers' lives easier. Our engineers are also continuously creating solutions to make our processes more efficient, all in an effort to get to our customers fast and at the best cost. If you are interested in working in a high growth startup environment, and look to be part of a team that will potentially change the way customers shop in the Middle East, apply now.
As the Product Design Manager, your primary responsibility will involve leading and overseeing a team of skilled product designers, ensuring the exceptional quality of Toter's Products. The role of the Product Designer Manager centers around delivering independent UI and UX solutions for our diverse platforms. As a Product Designer Manager at Toters, you will collaboratively engage with cross-functional teams including designers, researchers, engineers, content strategists, and product managers throughout the product lifecycle. Your pivotal contribution will be in setting the gold standard for creative excellence, infusing top-tier visual design thinking, and leveraging usability expertise right from the outset of each project.
- Lead, guide, and develop a team of talented UX designers, promoting teamwork, innovation, and professional growth
- Create and put into action the plan for how things should look and work for users, making sure it matches business goals, industry standards, and new trends
- Speak up for designing things that are useful for users, emphasizing the importance of understanding users, studying their needs, and making improvements over time across the company
- Work closely with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to ensure seamless integration of user experience design into the product development process.
- Study what users do, test how things work, and learn from what they tell us, to make the plan for design even better and to make sure users have a great experience
- Direct the development of user-friendly and visually appealing designs, from concept to detailed execution, while maintaining consistency and scalability. Stay updated on design trends and technology, inspiring the team to innovate and enhance user experience.
- Work with the big decision-makers to make sure design ideas match up with what the business wants, and present good design ideas that care about what users need
- Keep finding ways to make how we design things better, faster, and nicer, to help the team do great work
- Help deliver a clear story about what users want and what we can improve in the products
- Design and put out better versions of the product, making sure they work well and look good. Plan how the design team does their work, manage their tasks, and help them move forward in their careers
- Improve the ways we do design across the whole organization to make things work better
- Implement culture and principles within the group while setting new standards in executional and operational excellence
- Over 8 years of demonstrated work experience as a UX & UI designer
- Proficient in leading teams of UI/UX designers for a minimum of two years
- Understanding in-depth Growth domains and data-informed design approach
- Proven experience in hiring, scaling, and managing a design team
- Familiarity and comprehension of design thinking or human-centered thinking/design principles
- Exhibit relentless inquisitiveness for learning, often questioning established norms and seeking innovative approaches
- Employ iterative methodologies, thrive on experimentation, and exhibit exceptional creativity and imagination
- Exhibit a profound curiosity about and explore deeply into the human mind and its expectations
- Show dedicated enthusiasm for crafting successful products
- Profoundly appreciate the amalgamation of business, technical, and behavioral considerations
- Lead through personal exemplification and inspire others through the quality of your work
- Figma, Sketch and Adobe Creative Suite like Photoshop and Illustrator
- Knowledge of After Effects is a plus
- Miro, Figjam and other similar whiteboarding tools