Toters is an on-demand e-commerce and delivery platform and operates a service that enables customers to get anything in their city at the highest level of convenience.
At Toters, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have product teams that are working hard everyday to create products that make our customers' lives easier. Our engineers are also continuously creating solutions to make our processes more efficient, all in an effort to get to our customers fast and at the best cost. If you are interested in working in a high growth startup environment, and look to be part of a team that will potentially change the way customers shop in the Middle East, apply now.
In this role, you are responsible for sourcing, developing and introducing product ranges that suit the Toters Fresh stores and customer base. The demand planner is expected to acquire suitable ranges at competitive prices. In addition, they are also expected to predict future trends and be ahead of others to source what customers want.
- Understand consumer needs and the retail environment.
- Identify and meet suitable suppliers, negotiate new contracts, and extract upfront and back margins
- Place appropriate orders to ensure product availability that meets consumer demands
- Make forecasts for product demand to ensure the sustainability of inventory
- Analyze data or insights to determine industry and consumer trends
- Devise long-term development strategies for product categories
- Develop exit strategies for unsuccessful products
- Foster trust relationships with suppliers to achieve better pricing and quality of services
- Determine the positioning of a product category to maximize visibility
- Liaise with marketing teams to determine competitive pricing and promotional activities of a product category
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain or other relevant fields.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a demand planning/forecasting role.
- Solid understanding of inventory management practices and procedures.
- Strong mathematical and statistical knowledge.
- Capability to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.