Technical Project Manager
Toters is an on-demand e-commerce and delivery platform and operates a service that enables customers to get anything in their city at the highest level of convenience.
At Toters, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have product teams that are working hard every day to create products that make our customers' lives easier. Our engineers are also continuously creating solutions to make our processes more efficient, all in an effort to get to our customers fast and at the best cost. If you are interested in working in a high growth startup environment, and look to be part of a team that will potentially change the way customers shop in the Middle East, apply now.
The ideal candidate should thrive in fast-paced environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation.
As a Technical Project Manager (TPM), you will be joining the engineering team and will work alongside them in accordance with Agile methodology. You will manage multiple programs and projects and will be responsible for much of the heavy lifting on projects to ensure that our large scale projects are run efficiently and effectively.
Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem-solving abilities. You will have a deep understanding of product design and implementation details and will successfully represent the technical team to senior leadership and customers. Your technical acumen and operational excellence will influence the team decisions and drive secure and robust solutions which have great customer experience.
You will work independently, understand business needs, build robust and scalable solutions, and be comfortable working under pressure.
This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving, and interpersonal skills. You will be expected to dive in and take ownership of multiple concurrent projects and successfully drive them to completion. In this role you will:
- Need to work and build partnerships with many different internal or external domain resources from Product Managers, Engineers, UX Designers, Product Marketing, Product Analysts, Finance, Legal, etc.
- Establish ownership and accountability by tracking internal and external requirements alike, while handling roadblocks to ensure program deliverables arrive on time using your deep project management toolkit
- Coordinate work breakdown from product functional requirements to technical implementation steps
- Design and manage coordination strategies across teams for continuous improvement
- Keep management and partners informed when needed
- Work under limited supervision, using good judgment about when to seek guidance
- Ask the right questions, challenging timelines, deliverables and mitigating risks
- At least 3 years of project management in software development. Mobile app development is highly desirable.
- Experience with Jira or any other Task Management tool
- Experience successfully completing/delivering projects using an Agile methodology
- Ability to grasp issues quickly while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations, make educated decisions in the absence of complete information.
- Ability to demonstrate innovative and creative thinking capabilities and also have sharp troubleshooting skills
- Ability to lead, take action and provide goal-oriented direction in the face of ambiguity
- You are comfortable speaking to groups and can clearly and effectively present one-pagers, POCs, and architectural overviews
- Metrics driven: Experience determining effective program KPIs and using them to measure program success and issues
- You are comfortable expressing a point of view and inspiring change across projects, programs and processes
- Highly accountable and responsible
- Self-starting, self-motivated, self-directed, and self-sufficient
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Comfortable with rapid development cycles and tight schedules
Nice to have
- Experience collaborating with product, finance, and operations teams
- Previous experience with food delivery applications
- Previous experience in engineering, data analysis or UX design would be beneficial, but is not required
- Fluency in English and Arabic. French is a plus
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and influence skills
- Strong partnership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Competitive compensation
- Discounts on your Toters orders
- First-class medical insurance.
- National Social Security Fund registration
- Toters is an Office-First company, but hybrid work is tolerated