Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Toters is an on-demand e-commerce and delivery platform and operates a service that enables customers to get anything in their city at the highest level of convenience.
At Toters, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have product teams that are working hard every day to create products that make our customers' lives easier. Our engineers are also continuously creating solutions to make our processes more efficient, all in an effort to get to our customers fast and at the best cost. If you are interested in working in a high growth startup environment, and look to be part of a team that will potentially change the way customers shop in the Middle East, apply now.
A Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) is responsible for developing and implementing automated testing solutions to ensure the quality of software products. The job of an SDET is to create automated testing frameworks, tools, and scripts that will verify the functionality, reliability, and performance of software applications. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, with strong programming fundamentals and prior experience in programming or automation.
This position requires someone with the passion for Quality Engineering in support of delivering high quality products to Toters Customers, as well as, being a phenomenal partner with Product Engineering teams in establishing solid Automation and test frameworks. As a Quality Expert, be involved throughout the full project cycle from the beginning. This includes participate discussions in architectures design, end-to-end integration and user impacts to bake quality into a project, with a bigger picture in mind and advocating for quality at every step of the way. In this role you will:
- Be responsible for developing and maintaining the test suites for testing various features on multiple applications
- Take an active role in crafting the quality of our product
- Be deeply involved with our development engineers, functional and automation QA engineers, and other cross functional partners
- Identify the gaps in the existing automation test cases and close them with long-term focus in mind
- Collaborate with other members of the quality assurance team to develop and implement testing strategies and plans
- Analyze test results and report issues to the development team
- Identify opportunities for improving test automation and overall testing processes
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software testing and test automation
- 5+ years of proven ability to design and implement automated testing frameworks, tools, and scripts to support automation.
- Familiarity with test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, and TestNG.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git or SVN.
- Experience with CI/CD automation and deployment tools such as TeamCity, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes + Git, GitHub.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience in logging and debugging tools i.e., Grafana, Splunk, shell scripting.
- Solid proven ability to define/design/execute/maintain product evaluation planning with clear quality metrics.
- Experience collaborating with developers to ensure that test automation is integrated into the software development lifecycle.
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Experience writing and executing automated test cases to verify the functionality, performance, and reliability of software products.
- Experience working on embedded devices as well as how those devices work across distributed systems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including achieving team goals, negotiation and getting stakeholder buy-in.
Nice to have
- Knowledge of performance testing and monitoring tools such as Datadog, Elastic Search, LoadRunner, AppDynamics, or New Relic.
- Previous experience with food delivery applications
- Fluency in English and Arabic. French is a plus
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and influence skills
- Strong partnership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Competitive compensation
- Discounts on your Toters orders
- First-class medical insurance
- National Social Security Fund registration
- Toters is an Office-First company, but hybrid work is tolerated.