Quality Assurance Engineer
Toters is an on-demand e-commerce and delivery platform and operates a service that enables customers to get anything in their city at the highest level of convenience.
At Toters, technology is at the heart of everything we do. We have product teams that are working hard every day to create products that make our customers' lives easier. Our engineers are also continuously creating solutions to make our processes more efficient, all in an effort to get to our customers fast and at the best cost. If you are interested in working in a high growth startup environment, and look to be part of a team that will potentially change the way customers shop in the Middle East, apply now.
A Quality Engineer will work closely with the engineering and product management teams to understand business and functional requirements and utilize the information to develop QA strategies. You are responsible of designing and executing manual test plans, as well as reporting clear and accurate bugs defining the exit criteria alongside cross-functional teams.
The ideal candidate would be motivated, has worked on multiple mobile and web projects, and has used multiple testing tools.
This position requires someone with a passion for Quality Engineering in support of delivering high-quality products to Toters customers, as well as being a phenomenal partner with Product Engineering teams in establishing solid test frameworks.
This position involves a combination of technical troubleshooting, clear communication and meticulous organization and analytical skills. You will work to understand incoming bugs, reduce them to actionable steps, assign them to appropriate engineers, and expand existing or develop new automated tests. Excellent communication skills are a must, because of the high level of interaction with the engineering teams, management, other organizations within Toters. The ideal candidate will be highly technical, detail-oriented, creative, motivated, and focused on achieving results. In this role you will:
- Be the customer champion within the software project team
- Work with design and engineering teams to identify software requirements and develop test plans
- Define test coverage, create and maintain test cases, report test results, and evaluate readiness to ship throughout the software development lifecycle
- Collaborate with other members of the quality assurance team to develop and implement testing strategies and plans
- Test new and existing features on pre-release software to find problems before they impact our users
- Troubleshoot, triage and provide detailed debug information for expediting issue resolution
- Be deeply involved with our development engineers, functional and automation QA engineers, and other cross functional partners
- Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in software testing and testing tools.
- 3+ years experience as a Software QA Engineer
- Passion for quality, exceptional attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes, and QA testing tools such as TestRails
- Proven capabilities in end-to-end software product testing, with cross-functional teams delivering software experiences
- Experience developing detailed test plans, assessing risks, filing detailed defect reports, and providing relevant data for test reporting
- Solid proven ability to define/design/execute/maintain product evaluation planning with clear quality metrics
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks with varying priorities
- Ability to work cross-functionally with other teams and groups
- Ability to investigate, debug and triage difficult problems and independently work towards results
- Good understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including achieving team goals, negotiation and getting stakeholder buy-in.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience with food delivery applications
- Fluency in English and Arabic. French is a plus
- Exceptional communication, leadership, and influence skills
- Strong partnership and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Competitive compensation
- Discounts on your Toters orders
- First-class medical insurance
- National Social Security Fund registration
- Toters is an Office-First company, but hybrid work is tolerated.