Posted on Tuesday, October 19, 2021
In 2017, our founders started Sarwa due to a lack of financial services offered to most of the world, and out of a need to help empower people in the region to invest in their financial future. Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to grow their wealth.
We do this through expert, affordable and easy investing. We're a small team working on the region's first and fastest growing investment and personal finance platform, making investing easy, low-cost and transparent, with a human touch woven into every step of the process.
We are a remote-first team. Where you choose to work is up to you — we have an office in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that you can utilize as often or little as you'd like.
We're looking for an experienced Devops Engineer who is interested in building the foundations of a platform used by thousands to manage their financial lives. In this role, you will work alongside the engineering team to build and maintain Sarwa's cloud infrastructure and integration pipelines.
Our tech is constantly evolving, so we need someone who’s not afraid of a challenge and who can help shape the company with their own energy, skill and personality.
- At least 2 year of demonstrated experience with modern DevOps tools and Cloud environments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud environments
- 2+ years of experience in containerization technologies (Docker)
- 1+ years of experience working with Kubernetes
- Experience in Python, Go or similar languages, especially in regards to testing, deployment, monitoring
- Infrastructure as Code is a big plus (Terraform, CloudFormation, CDK)
- Knowledge in networking and security
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines
- A genuine openness in giving and receiving feedback
- Excellent cross-functional communications skills and a desire to both learn from and educate your peers
- High curiosity - you're always on the hunt for the best possible tools to get the job done
What you'll do
- Take ownership of key infrastructure projects that you'll build from the ground up
- Implement and expand Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment processes and tooling
- Help implement containerization workflows using Docker and Amazon ECS
- Write infrastructure as code using Terraform
- Contribute to architecting our next generation infrastructure and processes with goals of scalability, maintainability and security
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating software deployment, infrastructure configuration, and database management
- Write automation scripts for various aspects of the infrastructure
Some of our benefits
- Remote and flexible work environment.
- Diverse, driven and supportive team with a positive work atmosphere (one of our core values).
- Market-competitive salaries.
- A culture of growth - being mentored, coached and supported to grow in your career.
- Great company healthcare package with dental and optical coverage.
- Learning and development budget.
- Equity plan for all employees.
Sarwa is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team excel and enables us to build outstanding products for our customers.