Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
In 2017, our founders started Sarwa due to a lack of financial services offered to most of the world, and out of a need to help empower people in the region to invest in their financial future. Sarwa is poised to continue growing into the go-to platform for people to grow their wealth.
We do this through expert, affordable and easy investing. We're a small team working on the region's first and fastest growing investment and personal finance platform, making investing easy, low-cost and transparent, with a human touch woven into every step of the process.
We are a remote-first team. Where you choose to work is up to you — we have an office in Dubai and Abu Dhabi that you can utilize as often or little as you'd like.
We are looking for a highly skilled and strategic Head of Security (HoS) to oversee and enhance our organization's cybersecurity program. The HoS will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing our cybersecurity strategies, policies, and initiatives to safeguard our digital and financial assets and protect sensitive data. This role will work closely with cross-functional teams, in particular the engineering team to ensure that security measures align with business objectives.
- 4+ year of demonstrated experience as manager / team lead in a cybersecurity function
- Industry-recognized security certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CISA).
- Security experience in a regulated industry such as finance, healthcare and experience communicating with regulatory bodies
- Deep knowledge of cybersecurity principles, technologies, and best practices
- Sound jugement in weighing risk, as well as in choosing risk mitigation measures and solutions that are adapted to an agile tech business
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Technical backgrounds and hands on experience are a big plus
- Experience in non-Windows environment are a plus
- Experience with securing remote work environments are a plus
What you'll do
- Take ownership of Sarwa's cybersecurity and data protection strategy and policies, building upon and improving them
- Leading the project to implement a Common Security Framework (ISO27001, NIST CSF, CIS Controls, etc.).
- Problem solve solutions and systems that allow Sarwa to safely maintain it's agility and remote work culture
- Hire and mentor a security engineer and assist them in the execution of security processes and implementations, setting the foundation for a security team
- Be the internal and external point of contact and primary stakeholder for cybersecurity matters
- Analyze new threats and lead efforts to mitigate them
- Hands on participation in the selection and implementation of tools, processes and systems that uphold Sarwa's security posture
- Building security organization including identity and access management, incident response and remote device management
Some of our benefits
- Remote and flexible work environment.
- Diverse, driven and supportive team with a positive work atmosphere (one of our core values).
- Market-competitive salaries.
- A culture of growth - being mentored, coached and supported to grow in your career.
- Great company healthcare package with dental and optical coverage.
- Learning and development budget.
- Equity plan for all employees.
Sarwa is dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team excel and enables us to build outstanding products for our customers.