Application Support Engineer ( Egypt)
Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt
Posted on Wednesday, September 13, 2023
- Technical lead and escalation point for advance application support on incidents and requests.
- Take ownership of application troubleshooting tasks such as, but not limited to; server O/S issues and application analysis.
- Provide support, maintain, and configure server and application infrastructure that supports standards and procedures.
- Monitor and develop reporting on the performance of server and application infrastructure against KPI's and/org SLA's. Take preemptive measures to minimize interruptions and meet agreed upon objectives.
- Coordinate and manage collaboration with infrastructure staff, IT Department teams, and organization to ensure smooth and reliable operation of hardware and software infrastructure.
- Plan and install of server hardware and software, storage networking, and backup hardware and software as required per lifecycle planning, UWCU facility growth, or other business or technology drivers.
- Be an ongoing leader in the change processes as any/all production changes are planned and implemented.
- Ensure all production installations are thoroughly tested to ensure quality deployments, and when pre-testing is not possible, ensure all peers and IT leadership are aware of the risks and are involved in the decision to proceed or not.
- Develop and support the policies and procedures for accessing and working within the UWCU Data Centers.
- 2-3 Years experience in Application Support, IT, System Engineering, Server/Storage, or other related area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar technology related degree
- Experience with multi source system databases (e.g., DB2, SQL Server, or Oracle)
- Understanding of ITIL processes
- Understanding of system error messages and resolving system related problems.