Senior Product Designer
Dubai - United Arab Emirates
Posted on Saturday, January 20, 2024
A Senior Product Designer provides a creative vision not just for the design team but the whole organization. They establish processes and practices for realizing that vision and set the bar for quality or, as we call it at Mamo, delight. They contribute to developing brand definition and experience principles and ensure that those are appropriately interpreted through the team’s work.
This role requires creativity and collaboration. Your ability to bring in creative vision with big ideas, a delightful portfolio, and exemplary visual design skills is very important, but you will need the patience or mindset for the mechanics needed to actually make a design organization.
Ready to take on the challenge? Read on and apply below 👇
Why you’ll love working here
- Startup environment that’s big on individual responsibility and leans on process and automation.
- We’re big on culture. Work with stunning, supportive product, design and engineering teams on problems that matter.
- You will be learning and growing all of the time. From business, product, design to engineering you will be learning from a world-class team that is caring, kind, and empathetic.
- Mamo has the potential for a wide-reaching impact. Mamo is taking on the challenge of bringing about a new era of financial inclusion that begins close to home by providing access and experiences that make sense. That means you will never be bored.
What you will do
- Collaborate with other designers, product managers, engineers and business to design and build delightful experiences and features for consumers and businesses.
- Advocate for the user and craft UX solutions that meet critical business objectives and inspire the team to push the status quo.
- Design with scalability in mind and actively contribute to our design system and UX guidelines.
- Work closely with our external partners and research team to understand the expectations, needs, and attitudes of our users.
- Create simple, intuitive experiences for financial services where trust is of the most importance.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years as a Product Designer (or equivalent experience) and a versatile portfolio that showcases deep interaction and problem-solving skills.
- A passionate energy for great design and amplifying our team culture.
- Experience creating and using design systems.
- The communication skills to articulate your concepts and drive alignment with your cross-functional stakeholders.
- Experience working in fast-paced environments.
- An appreciation and understanding of A/B testing process and comfort using data to inform design decisions.
- Demonstrate core interaction design skills to solve complex user flows, visually organize complex data, and build cohesive design frameworks.
- An earnest, mature, and ego-free attitude that welcomes candid feedback.
- A willingness to fail and learn.
🌸 Although we appreciate the potential of AI, we kindly request that you answer our screening questions independently to allow us to really get to know you.
At Mamo, our employees are our first customers. We want our teams to be happy and healthy both inside and outside of work. Our benefits and perks are indicative of the philosophy that by taking care of our people they would take care of our users. We hire courageous explorers who are both kind and compassionate, and who enjoy iterating, learning, and growing. Here’s how we set you up for success:
🚀 Equity, that's right we want you to have skin in the game (full-time team members)
👏 Competitive salaries that are revisited yearly or each time we raise funding
🥷🏻 Top-tier medical insurance, so that you are your best at work (full-time team members)
📚 Endless training opportunities, our philosophy here is simple: learn, grow and share
👌 Rest up and come back refreshed with up to 25 paid days off in addition to statutory leave (full-time team members)
More about Mamo
Mamo’s flagship product is Mamo Business. The platform includes three critical parts to starting and operating a business; payments (money movement, receivables and payables), spend management (corporate cards) and API integrations.
Mamo is driven by its mission to remove the burden for small businesses requiring sophisticated and expensive engineering teams by automating their payments and finances so that they can reclaim time and resources and focus on growth. SMEs choose Mamo infrastructure to build better payment experiences, faster.
Mamo is proud to own and operate all of its core and financial IP. In 2022, Mamo was the first Fintech startup licensed by the DFSA with a Cat 3C Providing Money Services licence; allowing it to accelerate growth and expand into new markets and financial services.
Learn more about Life at Mamo →
Learn more about Mamo on LinkedIn →