Head / Sr. Manager of Merchants & POS Business
The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing and developing strategies for merchants and point-of-sale (POS) partners. They will lead the merchant acquisition team, manage the merchant portfolio, and develop marketing programs, among other responsibilities as follows:
- Create, develop, and implement a business plan to grow the POS business.
- Manage the relationship with the Central Bank of Egypt
- Manage the relationship with the acquirer banks and the other partners
- Manage the merchant portfolio to ensure achieving the planned numbers
- Optimizing the POS distribution
- Set the targets for the sales team and monitor it
- Generate, maintain, and increase business opportunities with existing merchants through cross-selling other services, offers, etc.
- Manage and regularly update project planning and create projections
Who you are!
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, or a related field
- 3+ years of relevant experience in sales, marketing, or business development with a focus on merchant and POS acquisition, preferably in the financial or digital payments industry
- Proven track record of leading and managing a high-performing merchant business
- Strong understanding of merchant acquisition methodologies, strategic planning, marketing, and sales techniques
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Experience with data analysis and reporting to inform business decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and relevant programs