Staff Backend Engineer (B2B - Warsaw)
Posted on Tuesday, October 31, 2023
Fresha is the only subscription-free appointment booking software for beauty and wellness businesses.
Available in 120+ countries worldwide, used by 100,000+ businesses and 450,000+ professionals worldwide. Over 800 million appointments have been booked through Fresha to date.
Salon, barbershop and beauty professionals can use the platform to manage their entire operations with intuitive software and financial technology solutions. Fresha has zero monthly fees with optional paid features, including card payment processing.
The Fresha ecosystem gives beauty and wellness professionals everything they need to run their businesses seamlessly by facilitating appointment bookings, point-of-sale, customer records management, marketing automation, loyalty, product inventory, and team management, all in one place.
Fresha also allows consumers to discover, book and pay for beauty and wellness appointments with local businesses via its marketplace.
Fresha is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, with global offices in New York City, Vancouver, Sydney, Dublin, Amsterdam, and Warsaw. The company raised $185M in venture capital funding to date from leading institutional investors
Given our exciting and progressive growth plans, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Staff Backend Engineer to come join our global business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering for a tribe, and working with key stakeholders, you will be accountable for technical vision, strategy and execution in your team and proactively manage technical risks at Fresha.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, who likes to work autonomously, enjoys a challenge and wants to make an impact.
- This is a heavily technical role, hands-on coding skills are expected. It’s not a management role
- Own and deliver cross team and cross tribal technical initiatives
- Take ownership of architecture for a tribe
- Sought out for technical guidance; anticipating technical issues at the product level and making architectural and design decisions to avoid them
- Create sweeping improvements in stability, performance and scalability across major business-critical systems
- Ensure timely delivery of your teams’ projects, which will ultimately have a tangible impact on Fresha’s success
- Make sure your team follows our engineering practices by leading from the front
- Work closely with diverse functions within the team across Product, Design, Data and QA and make sure that the team has clear goals and regularly delivers value to our users
- Facilitate continuous learning and improvement for your team
- Make sure that the systems your team owns meet Fresha quality, reliability and scalability standards
- You will be anticipating broad technical changes and ensuring Fresha is always ahead of the curve
- Recognising and making trade-offs with respect to the whole system. You understand deeply the entire architecture for a major part of our business and you’re able to articulate clearly the scaling and reliability limits of that area.
- Primarily acting as a multiplier by building systems, authoring tools or introducing policies or patterns that raise the level of productivity of the entire org
- Communicating the awesomeness of Fresha in different Tech communities externally via talks and blog posts, identifying areas that we can share effectively with the outside world, guiding the creation of content and communication around those areas. Leading conversations internally about the direction of major areas of technology, driving wide-team consensus to the adoption of this direction and using this direction to inspire engineers
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- You have consistently delivered large systems involving one or more teams’ contributions on time at a high level of quality
- You’ve had to quickly break down complex problems into potential solutions, knowns, and unknowns, in order to get a solid resolution faster
- You’re capable of debugging the hairiest problems that the team encounters
- Played a key role in developing multi-year technology strategy for complete and critical areas of the business that encompass multiple systems and teams
- You have created an architecture that enables many potential futures without knowing exactly what the future is
- Ability to interact with people from across the business and build strong relationships, including the ability to effectively influence upwards
- Listened and guided debates to help reach consensus; once a decision is made clearly communicate the decision(s) back
- Set short to medium-term strategic technical direction, able to look ahead 6-12 months identify areas of greatest need and create plans to improve them
- You’re seen as a role model and mentor to every technical member of the team
- Recognised as a prolific contributor to core and side projects
- Consistently reduced the complexity of projects, services, and processes to get more done with less work
- Shaped broad architecture; shipped multiple large services, complex libraries or major pieces of infrastructure
- Made obvious positive impact on an entire company’s technical trajectory
- Happy to roll sleeves up and assist the team when required (team player)
- Self-starter and proactive approach
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Hybrid work (3-4 days in the office per week)
- Flexi-time (around core hours)
- Competitive salaries & RSUs
- Weekly office lunches (Fridays)
- Travel coverage when visiting teammates - through workshops and social events
At Fresha, we are creating a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable.
We want all Fresha people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment.
We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the interview process and/or once you join, please let us know so that we can support you.
If we don't respond to your application within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful