Senior Product Designer (Design Systems)
Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2023
Fresha is the only subscription-free appointment booking software for beauty and wellness businesses.
Available in 120+ countries worldwide, used by 100,000+ businesses and 450,000+ professionals worldwide. Over 800 million appointments have been booked through Fresha to date.
Salon, barbershop and beauty professionals can use the platform to manage their entire operations with intuitive software and financial technology solutions. Fresha has zero monthly fees with optional paid features, including card payment processing.
The Fresha ecosystem gives beauty and wellness professionals everything they need to run their businesses seamlessly by facilitating appointment bookings, point-of-sale, customer records management, marketing automation, loyalty, product inventory, and team management, all in one place.
Fresha also allows consumers to discover, book and pay for beauty and wellness appointments with local businesses via its marketplace.
Fresha is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, with global offices in New York City, Vancouver, Sydney, Dublin, Amsterdam, and Warsaw. The company raised $185M in venture capital funding to date from leading institutional investors
Given our exciting and progressive growth plans, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Product Designer (Design Systems) to come and join our global business.
Reporting directly to the Head of Design and working collaboratively with the Marketing and Product Design Team, you will be accountable for ensuring best-in-class front-end design across our suite of products consisting of both web and native technologies.
We pride ourselves on being a world-class Design team, so we set a high bar in inviting new talent to join us. We seek people who will help drive our business forward and challenge norms by striving for more. Aside from your skills and experience, we’re most interested in your growth mindset and development potential.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, who likes to work in a close-knit cross-disciplinary team, enjoys complex domains and wants to make an impact.
This role is based in our London headquarters in Waterloo.
- Build, develop and evolve the Fresha design system delivering best-in-class Interface design.
- Help integrate and push the Fresha brand beyond its logo, delivering creative, innovative, and systemic thinking for multi-platform B2B and B2C products.
- Produce components, layouts and prototypes to communicate ideas to stakeholders in a comprehensive narrative-driven format with a strong focus on detail.
- Take a collaborative approach, and work closely with multiple product teams and engineering functions to evangelise best practices to deliver large-scale, long-term business outcomes.
- Influence, champion, and maintain brand guidelines and design systems, helping develop a consistent design language across products and work closely with marketing.
- Act as a custodian of consistent design and narrative.
- Develop strong relationships with cross-functional team members, including marketing, commercial, product, data, and analytics, as an ambassador for the design team’s credibility and process.
- Apply expert design and craft to the visual elements of projects. Co-create, maintain and push the boundaries of brand guidelines, design systems and libraries.
- Maintain a comprehensive set of component libraries, associated components, and corresponding design tokens.
- Inspire an ambitious and forward-thinking multi-disciplinary design department to create best-in-class creative output that inspires creative innovation.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Experienced (5+ years) in product design with a focus on UX, IxD and UI Design
- Comfortable working with other designers, engineers, product owners and senior stakeholders.
- Deep experience with concepts such as component composition, flexibility and properties.
- Comprehensive understanding of the WCAG guidelines in relation to web accessibility compliance and designing for RTL languages.
- Experience with theming and system content management across localities.
- A strong understanding of motion principles and how to leverage them to achieve meaningful outcomes.
- An intermediate understanding of how web technologies such as HTML, CSS and JS function.
- An understanding of the nuanced differences between native technologies such as iOS and Android.
- An understanding of IDE’s and basic Github processes and branching and versioning.
- A creative, systemic thinker adept at problem-solving at a macro and micro scale across multiple problem spaces.
- A deep understanding of interaction design, ergonomics design principles and gestalt design psychology and how they can be applied to multiple technologies.
- Passion for design; unsatisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve. Care about details and are excited to keep pushing work forward within a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to inspire high design confidence in stakeholders, communicate the thinking behind the work, and show self-assurance with your presentation, narrative and rationale.
- A motivated self-starter with a strong belief in your ideas, the confidence to express them, and a willingness to adapt.
- Continuing improvement. Thrives on delivering work they are proud of but not precious and can take feedback. Refining processes and the ongoing output development, never settling for ordinary.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to manage workloads and priorities.
- Highly proficient with Adobe CC, Figma and Miro for concept development, workshops, creating mock-ups, etc.
- Graphic/Digital Design, Visual Communications or similar qualification.
At Fresha, we are creating a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable.
We want all Fresha people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment.
We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the interview process and/or once you join, please let us know so that we can support you.
If we don't respond to your application within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful