Senior Analytics Engineer
Software Engineering, Data Science
Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Fresha is the only subscription-free appointment booking software for beauty and wellness businesses.
Available in 120+ countries worldwide, used by 100,000+ businesses and 450,000+ professionals worldwide. Over 800 million appointments have been booked through Fresha to date.
Salon, barbershop and beauty professionals can use the platform to manage their entire operations with intuitive software and financial technology solutions. Fresha has zero monthly fees with optional paid features, including card payment processing.
The Fresha ecosystem gives beauty and wellness professionals everything they need to run their businesses seamlessly by facilitating appointment bookings, point-of-sale, customer records management, marketing automation, loyalty, product inventory, and team management, all in one place.
Fresha also allows consumers to discover, book and pay for beauty and wellness appointments with local businesses via its marketplace.
Fresha is headquartered in London, United Kingdom, with global offices in New York City, Vancouver, Sydney, Dublin, Amsterdam, and Warsaw. The company raised $185M in venture capital funding to date from leading institutional investors
Given our exciting and progressive growth plans, we are looking for an exceptional Senior Analytics Engineer to come and join our global business.
Reporting to the VP of Analytics, and working collaboratively with Engineers, Analysts, Product Managers, and Commercial teams, you will be accountable for creating data marts that will arm our internal and external stakeholders with trustworthy, actionable insights.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work in a fast-paced and changing environment, who likes to work autonomously, enjoys a challenge and wants to make an impact.
- Data Modeling and Integration: Craft, validate, and uphold resilient dimensional data models from a multitude of sources, spanning from proprietary RDBMS to third-party APIs and external repositories.
- Optimisation of Data Models: Concentrate on bolstering the effectiveness and performance of our data models. This includes refining data accessibility, slashing runtimes, and curbing redundancies to elevate the data's overall utility.
- ETL and Data Management: Oversee the inception and upkeep of ETL processes tailored for our Snowflake Data Warehouse, consistently upholding the pinnacle of best practices, especially in data amalgamation and safeguarding personal data.
- Liaison with Development & Feature Integration: Offer insights to engineering figureheads on analytical prerequisites tied to upcoming features. Guarantee the seamless infusion of developmental shifts from these new features into our data warehouse.
- Collaborative Analytics: Join forces with our data analysts and data scientists to architect novel data models, ensuring their successful and streamlined implementation.
- Documentation & Team Synergy: Spearhead the creation of exhaustive data documentation, solidifying a unified comprehension and dialogue throughout the team.
This list is not exhaustive and there may be other activities you are required to deliver.
Skills, experience & qualifications required
- Strong experience with SQL and a solid understanding of dimensional data modeling. Experience with DBT is essential!
- Proficiency in data platform concepts and data warehousing
- Hands-on experience with modern data stack components
- Demonstrated ability in improving the performance and efficiency of data models and systems
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to influence and engage with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated track record of guiding product development decisions based on data architecture best practices and analytical insights
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities, with a proactive and autonomous approach to work
- Experience using Fivetran, Prefect, Snowflake, dbt and Periscope
- Experience in writing ETL pipelines with SQL and Python, using orchestration tools like Airflow or Prefect
- Experience working in fast-paced venture-backed startup environments
At Fresha, we are creating a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel comfortable.
We want all Fresha people to feel included and truly empowered to contribute fully to our vision and goals. Everyone who applies will receive fair consideration for employment.
We do not discriminate based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
If you have any accessibility requirements that would make you more comfortable during the interview process and/or once you join, please let us know so that we can support you.
If we don't respond to your application within 7 days, please assume your application has been unsuccessful